Who We Are?
What Information We Collect
The information we collect via this website may include:
1. Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, etc.
2. Data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences and how you use this website. This saves you from re-entering information when you return to the site. This data is collected by cookies from your navigation around the site. A cookie is a small amount of data which we send to your computer. The data is then stored on your browser or hard disk. Most web browsers can be set to prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting cookies or disable cookies altogether. Details about this can normally be found in the Help facility provided with your browser. If you disable cookies, you will not be able to receive personalised facilities and your progress to check out may take longer.
3. Your IP address (this is your computer's individual identification number) which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website.
4. Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
What are Cookies
A cookie is a small amount of data which we send to your computer. The data is then stored on your browser or hard disk. Most web browsers can be set to prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting cookies or disable cookies altogether. Details about this can normally be found in the Help facility provided with your browser. If you disable cookies, you will not be able to receive personalised facilities and your progress to check out may take longer. Cookies are essential for the effective operation of our website and to help you shop with us online.
- Information collected
- How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers can be found in your browser Help menu.
If you decide to disable cookies, the website may not operate correctly. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you may be unable to complete a purchase on our site.
- First Website Visit
When you first visit our website, cookies are disabled by default, you must click OK to accept cookie in the cookie warning banner to opt in. If you do not opt in via our cookie banner, cookies will continue to be disabled and third parties such as Google Analytics will not collect session data.
When you visit our site, we use Google Analytics, a third party service, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. This allows us to understand the number of visitors and popularity of different parts of our site. This information is only collected in a way that does not identify an individual and we do not allow Google to make any attempt to find out the identities of our site visitors.
Visitors to our site have the option of registering for our mailing list. As part of this process, we collect personal information such as email address. We use this information to inform our subscribers about new offers, new products and other information related to our services. We also check every now and then that you’re happy to continue to receive our newsletters.
We us MailChimp, a third party provider to deliver our newsletter. We collect data around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our newsletter. For more information, please see the MailChimp Privacy Notice. You can unsubscribe to our mailing lists at any time by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails. You can also email us directly with your unsubscribe requests HERE.
What We Do With Your Information
Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:-
1. to process your order, to maintain guarantee records and to provide after-sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service);
2. to carry out security checks - this helps to protect you and us from fraudulent transactions;
3. to comply with legal requirements
We may use third parties to carry out activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use our site and issuing our emails for us.
We would also like to inform you of various promotions, goods and services that may be of interest to you. You may be contacted by email or such other means as we regard as appropriate, including new technology. If you wish to receive these communications, please tick the "Yes" box when entering your personal details. You may unsubscribe at a later date, if you wish - see "Your rights" section below.
1. You can ask us to update your personal information by emailing precise details of your request to us here.
2. You can ask us not to send you future marketing communications. To do this, simply email us here. Please note the following details along with any instructions you wish us to perform:
your name, your postal address, including postcode, your email address
We will then suppress your data from all direct marketing, although we will still keep it for processing your order and fulfilling customer service and after sale obligations.
Alternatively, you can post your request to the address in (3) below.
3. You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the following address:
Executive Online Retail Ltd
Unit 11, Galaxy Business Park
Newburn Bridge Road
Tyne and Wear
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
This Web site encrypts your private information using an Equifax SSL Certificate. Look for the Golden Padlock in the bottom right of your browser during checkout. Information exchanged with any address beginning with https is encrypted using SSL before transmission to ensure secure and safe transactions.